Red Bank Middle School
The purpose of a standardized dress code is to promote an
environment that focuses on learning and
No student will be allowed to attend classes if their attire does
not meet the dress code. Parents or guardians will be
contacted and may either bring appropriate clothing or take the
student home. If a parent cannot be reached, students will be
placed in PASS (Positive Alternative to School Suspension).
Repeated violations of the dress code will result in consequences
up to and including suspension from school. Any class time
missed due to dress code violations will be considered
- Shirts must be a solid color, with a collar and sleeves.
Golf shirts and button-down shirts are acceptable, both short and
long-sleeved. A manufacturer's patch, logo, or emblem must be
small enough to be covered up by one hand.
- Shirts - both boys and girls - may have no more than the top
two buttons unbuttoned at any time.
- Red Bank team, logo, or promotional T-shirts are allowed - must
be blue, white, gray, or black.
- Shirts must be size appropriate and free from rips, tears,
holes, beads, and sequins.
- Shirts are not required to be tucked in, but they must be long enough to
be tucked in.
- Pants (cotton twill or corduroy - Dockers or Dickies style)
must be navy blue, khaki / tan, or black. Denim, spandex, and
other stretch materials are not permitted.
- Knee-length shorts or Capri-style pants may be worn before Fall
Break and after Spring Break. Shorts and Capri-style pants
must also be made of cotton twill material, and either navy blue,
khaki / tan, or black.
- Pants must be size appropriate, worn at the waist (no sagging),
and free from rips, tears, holes, beads, and sequins.
- Tennis shoes, casual dress shoes, and boots (with heals not
exceeding 2") are acceptable.
- For safety reasons, open-toed shoes are not allowed.
- Red Bank "hoodies" (hooded sweatshirts) - blue, white, gray, or
black - are permitted. "Hoodies" are permitted after Fall
Break and before Spring Break only. Solid color cardigan
sweaters, fleece pullovers, vests, and sweatshirts without hoods
are also permitted.
- A turtleneck or dress code shirt with a collar must be worn
under hoodies, sweatshirts, or sweaters.
- All other outerwear (coats and jackets) must be removed and
stowed in a locker during the school day.
- Hair colors, hair styles, and piercings must not cause a
disruption to the learning process.
- Skirts and dresses are not allowed.
- Hats, bandanas, or headgear of any kind are not permitted.
- Sunglasses are not permitted at any time.
Any clothing, hairstyles,
accessories, etc... that are found to be offensive, distracting to
the educational environment, or a health and safety
risk will not be allowed. On matters of opinion,
the administration's decision will prevail.
"Dress-Down Day" Guidelines
Red Bank Middle School (2016-2017)
- Must have sleeves
- Must cover you appropriately (no bare chests or stomachs)
- May NOT display the following:
- Vulgar or offensive language or pictures (no rebel flags or
depictions of violence)
- Anything pertaining to alcohol / tobacco / drugs
Pants / Shorts
- May be any color jeans / slacks / sweats (no pajama
- Must be size-appropriate and worn at waist
- Shorts must be knee-length (Can only be worn before
Fall Break or after Spring Break)
- May not be ripped, torn, or have holes in them
- For safety reasons, shoes must be within regular dress-code
standards (no open-toed shoes).
- No hooded jackets of any kind (with the exception of RBMS
hoodies) may be worn in the building, even on dress-down days.
3701 Tom Weathers Drive, Chattanooga, TN 37415, ph. (423) 874-1908, fax (423) 874-1938
Copyright © 2017 Red Bank Middle School